While editing my novel experiment, I discovered something a bit unexpected; one of my characters was a sap.
A little bit of sweetness is fine in a character, and it is wonderful for them to show emotion. But this character verged on saccharine. And she shouldn’t have. As a result, I’ve had to rework her scenes quite a bit. It needed to be done, and the results are coming along nicely.
Luckily I’ve found several of my other characters to be much more manageable. So far during this round of editing, I’ve worked my way through about a third of the story. Though I would love to go through it a bit faster, sometimes these things just take time.
I’ll probably spend some time on this hurricane adjacent weekend continuing the edit process. For those of you who are like me and on the US’s East Coast, I hope you stay safe and dry.